This tutorial is for Excel 2010 for PCs. Go to this page for the Excel 2011 Mac tutorials.
Want to use the same data as the tutorial? Some of the exercises use data from the New York City Census Tracts. To follow along with this tutorial, you may download the same data file.
Interested in switching over to Google Sheets? Check out this helpful Google Sheets tutorial.
If you would like to request additional content, please email the Empirical Reasoning Lab, email@example.com.
Data Manipulation Basics
- Getting Started with Spreadsheets
- Worksheet Basics
- Introduction to the Ribbon
- Cell Manipulations
- Formatting Cells
- Copying, Cutting, & Pasting
- Inserting & Deleting
- Manipulating Data I
- Manipulating Data II
- Creating Charts
- Formatting Charts
- Formatting the Chart Plot Area
- Formatting the Chart Axes
- Formatting the Chart Legend
- Copying, Cutting, & Pasting Charts
- Trendlines and Error Bars
- Linest Function
- Pivot table
Formulas & Functions
- Formula Basics
- Using Excel's Functions
- Common Function & Formula Error Messages
- Some Useful Statistical Functions
- An Application of Functions: Budget Spreadsheet