Introduction to GIS Workshop:
- You can download the materials for the workshop via dropbox here.
- You can follow along with this GIS/mapping presentation.
- You can view a step-by-step guide for visualizing and joining existing data/shapefiles here.
- You can view a step-by step guide for georeferencing historic maps and creating new layers here.
Income data for the workshop was accessed and downloaded from GeoData@Columbia.
Education data for the workshop was accessed and downloaded from the Buenos Aires Ciudad data bank.
Here are a few additional examples of existing digital mapping/GIS projects of selected Latin American cities:
- Population density in Rio de Janeiro
- Interactive map of Buenos Aires (visualize cultural sites, historic sites, tree census data, etc.)
- Caminos de la villa - participatory mapping project in Buenos Aires
If specifically instructed, please click here.